5 Tips to Achieve a Successful Turnout for Your Webinar
September 18, 2015
Webinars are an effective way for companies to conduct digital seminars that share information about a topic from anywhere in the world. When executed correctly, webinars have the power to generate new ideas, improve brand awareness, showcase a business as a recognized industry expert and capture potential sales leads in a streamlined way.
Even if your webinar has great content, it can only leave an impression if there’s an audience to share the ideas with. Here are five tips to help you achieve a successful turnout for your webinar:
- Get active on social media. Spread the word and get your audience excited at least one month before the date. This will allow enough time to generate buzz and raise awareness about the webinar. Consider sharing teaser content of what will be discussed in the webinar. If there will be a Q&A session, let your audience know that they can submit questions to be answered in the webinar beforehand. Lastly, don’t forget to engage with your audience!
- Reach out to key influencers. Connect with relevant industry influencers and let them know what your company is up to. Chances are they will be excited about the webinar and will want to share it with their followers. This will help raise awareness, generate buzz and create conversations amongst a larger audience.
- Partner with organizations and feature notable speakers. Including notable speakers in your webinar is an excellent selling point as it grants the audience exposure to industry leaders who they wouldn’t otherwise have the opportunity to connect with.
- Send out an e-blast to your contacts. Design a kickass e-blast that includes engaging information about the webinar and send it to your contacts. For those who have already registered, send out e-mail reminders one week, one day and one hour before the webinar.
- Offer a giveaway. This is a great incentive to encourage those who may be on the fence about joining the webinar. A giveaway will also be an effective way to generate conversations on social media around the webinar.
If you need help creating buzz around your organization’s webinar(s), send us an email at [email protected] and we’re happy to help!
Are you interested in Technology Adoption? Kathryn Meisner of GrantBook will be speaking with Omidyar Network’s Rachel Flynn and the Rockefeller Foundation’s Lauren Philson and Jereme Bivins on September 29th at 2:00 p.m. ET. Topics include technology adoption and change management challenges, successes and strategies (some of which are unexpectedly fun and creative). Check out grantbook.org to register!