Looking for an event recap? Preparing for your next interview? Find awesome tips and tricks as well as the tools of the trade in our resources below.
Media Relations 101 "an art not a science"Media Relations 101 presented by Switchboard There are over 10,000 tech companies in British Columbia, how do you stand out amongst them to gain traction in the media spotlight? On June 13th join Kathleen Reid from Switchboard PR and learn the pro-tips and best practices that can score you media attention. This session will cover:
- How to earn and maintain credibility in today's newsrooms
- Why media relations and relationships are essential, now more than ever
- How to better leverage your company spokespeople
- Emerging trends and challenges to watch this year
- Effective ways to achieve earned media coverage in 2019
- “On the spot” media training with two to four participants (time permitting).
Resources from Past Events
September 27, 2017
Vancouver Startup Week 2017
October 27, 2017
TMAC-BC – Fall Professional Development Conference on Digital Media 2017
November 27, 2017
BCIT Skill Share – Leadership Strategies
May 30, 2018
Getting Buzzworthy Media Coverage for your Startup
March 19, 2019
Breaking News: Has Fractured Journalism Made Your PR Tools Ineffective?
March 21, 2019
PR Growth Hacking: Creating Buzz for Your Startup
May 24, 2019