Meet Team Switchboard – Leann Yutuc, Senior Consultant
By Meet Team Switchboard – Leann Yutuc, Senior Consultant
August 23, 2021
Team Switchboard is made up of an incredible group of individuals who get it done. We’re excited for you to meet our fantastic team. Today, we’re featuring Leann Yutuc, our fantastic senior consultant.
Tell our audience a little about yourself…
- I was born and raised in Vancouver, BC and went to school in Burnaby, BC
- I went to Kwantlen Polytechnic University for post-secondary and obtained my Diploma in PR. Once I graduated, I found that most roles were looking for a Bachelor’s Degree so I went to the University of Central Florida and got my B.A. in Advertising-Public Relations
- After living and working in the States, I moved back to Vancouver in 2015 and decided to focus on the event management side of PR, for Inventa Sales & Promotions where I was an Account Manager
- In that role, I worked on notable accounts in the sector including the Technology Impact Awards, #BCTECH Summit, TechPong and Doors Open to Technology
- In my ‘spare time’ I volunteer for Vancouver Startup Week and have been a member of the team since 2018
- When I’m not working, I can be found watching sports and testing gluten-free recipes
What do you look forward to most about working at Switchboard?
I look forward to working with tech companies in the ecosystem to tell their stories and bring them to life.
Over the last four years, I have had the opportunity to work alongside Kathleen and the Switchboard team in my last role at Inventa Sales & Promotions and I can’t wait to be on this side.
What motivates you to work hard?
Processes, processes, and… spreadsheets? Basically, anything that has a plan and order.
What’s your favourite book?
Does reading your PVR list count as a book…
Tell us three interesting facts about yourself…
- I traveled to over 30 countries before I turned 30
- Before returning to my hometown of Vancouver, I lived and worked in Orlando, FL and Dallas, TX
- I hurt my back playing golf competitively in high school, and haven’t played since.
If you could eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Chicken tenders and fries, or a cheeseburger and fries. Really, anything that has fries as a side can be a vessel for ketchup…
If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
Travel, eat and watch live sports.