Executive Assistant to Managing Director & Office Administrator Job Description
Switchboard Public Relations (Switchboard) is a full-service public relations agency. We solve problems, tell stories, connect with people and connect people to each other. Most importantly, we help our clients achieve their biggest, boldest goals, so they can maximize their impact and create a better world.
This position would support our Managing Director, Project Coordinator and various consultants by overseeing the administration of Switchboard. Although you’ll be holding an entry-level position, your work will be instrumental in the development and execution of PR strategies. We will involve you in strategic internal discussions to help provide context for your work and to help you grow as a professional. We also take team seriously, with special team events and social activities to build the team and spend time together socially. At Switchboard, we value loyalty and a desire to better ourselves by ensuring our employees can grow with our company as their experiences and skills develop.
Switchboard is searching for a well-rounded, organized, coachable, and detailed team member with experience in communications or marketing. We’re looking for someone who is highly organized, capable, and proactive. Office administration tasks include overseeing and coordinating the Managing Director’s meeting schedule, travel while working with other Switchboard team members to ensure key administrative tasks are completed.
If you don’t fit all of the requirements listed below but have a strong willingness to learn, we’d still love to hear from you.
● BA in business, liberal arts or social sciences
● 6 months to 1 year of work experience in an office setting
● Ability to develop basic materials in Adobe Creative Suite (laying out documents and creating basic marketing materials – email headers, social graphics, etc.)
● Natural people person with a knack for connecting with others
● Passionate about technology, impact, and development
● Advanced document formatting experience and familiarity with Canadian Press Style Conventions
● Well-organized, and able to create and manage organizational systems
● Meticulous attention to detail
● A desire to learn, improve, and build one’s skills
● Experience with Google Suite and Microsoft Suite
● Valid driver’s license
Helpful but not required:
● Knowledge of North America’s media landscape
● Previous experience working within an agency or service provider
● Experience with Quickbooks and HubSpot
● Providing scheduling and meeting support (agenda preparation, material circulation, research, presentation, support, coordination, minute taking, and follow-up on actionable items)
● Composing and distributing correspondence and emails
● Assisting with expense and other Quickbook entries
● Travel coordination
● Setting up media training equipment, saving down and sending video files
● Able to effectively prioritize and organize tasks; is sensitive to time constraints and resource availability and able to communicate to users effectively
● Deposit cheques for the bookkeeper and package up files to be sent to bookkeeper
● Experience developing and editing materials on a wide variety of platforms (ie. Microsoft Office, Google Suite, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Mailchimp)
● Ability to analyze, synthesize and report performance metrics (Google Analytics, social media analytics tools, Google Alerts, etc.)
● Experience developing marketing content (examples include: e-newsletters, social media content, press releases and coverage reports)
● Fluency in English. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Messages are easily understood by others
● Works effectively with others and teams. Demonstrates understanding of individual and group behaviour. Respects the needs and contributions of others. Deals with and works through conflict, maintaining self-control when encountering difficult situations
● Identifies problems, selects appropriate solutions (with help from Managing Director) implement these solutions
● The ability to multitask and prioritize work effectively. Adjusts behavioural style or method of approach when necessary to achieve a goal and suit the needs of the situation.
● Excellent interpersonal communication skills, outgoing and confident
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary determined by experience. Benefits include one work from home day a month and competitive medical and dental benefits.
To submit a resume and cover letter plus references, please email [email protected]. Deadline for applications is September 30, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. PT. Position could start in early to mid-October.