Switchboard Public Relations (Switchboard) helps innovators, technologists and change makers create positive impact by driving communication strategies that get meaningful results. With industry expertise, a passion for technology and a solid list of influential relationships across North America and beyond, we make things happen. We are a full-service agency offering media relations, issues management, content creation and stakeholder relations.
Over the last five years, Switchboard’s rapid growth has seen us open offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Calgary, Alberta, add consultants across Canada and develop a dedicated network of affiliated partners in the US. We bring together the best and brightest project team for each client’s needs.
The agency is growing and looking to add a Coordinator to our team with one to two years of agency experience. We’re currently working from home, while seamlessly maintaining our collaborative culture. The work pace is fast, and we require a detail-oriented, ultra-organized and motivated candidate with a good sense of time management and the ability to juggle multiple priorities while supporting a driven and dedicated team.
What we’re looking for:
- Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills. You’ll be helping to draft content and client reports with a sharp eye and excellent grammar
- Media relations knowledge and interest. You’re a media aficionado so monitoring the tech and business media daily, maintaining media lists and building media relationships in Canada and the US is fun for you
- Social media prowess. You’ll be responsible for the coordination and community management of Switchboard’s social media platforms
- Administrative excellence. Comfortable wearing many hats, and ultra-reliable, you’ll jump from one project to the next to assist your colleagues
- Tech knowledge and enthusiasm. We work in the tech sector so familiarity with the latest tools and platforms, and learning about tech innovation comes with the territory
- Adaptable, accessible and available. Not a 9-to-5 worker, you understand the tight deadlines of agency work and you’re there for your team when needed
- PR up-and-coming rock star with a can-do attitude. High energy problem-solver with a sense of humour and a passion for making it happen
- This position is open in Vancouver
Call us idealists, but we’re here to create positive change in our communities and the world. That’s why we choose to work with innovators and change-makers—organizations that are on a mission to disrupt the status quo, to challenge and change the way we do everyday things. To make life better. Our clients’ unwillingness to stop pushing for better is what energizes us, day in and day out. And energetic we are—no matter how big the challenge, how heavy the load, we get it done.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates, please send your resume and cover letter to Leslie Hayden, Director at Switchboard at [email protected] with the Subject Line: Communications Coordinator Position.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.