Switchboard Public Relations (Switchboard) helps innovators, technologists and change makers create positive impact by driving communication strategies that get meaningful results. With industry expertise, a passion for technology and a solid list of influential relationships across North America and beyond, we make things happen. We are a full-service agency offering media relations, issues management, content creation and stakeholder relations.
Over the last five years, Switchboard’s rapid growth has seen us open offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Calgary, Alberta, add consultants across Canada and develop a dedicated network of affiliated partners in the US. We bring together the best and brightest project team for each client’s needs.
The agency is growing and looking to add a Consultant to the team with five to seven years of agency experience. We’re currently working from home, while seamlessly maintaining our collaborative culture. The work pace is fast, and we require a detail-oriented, ultra-organized and motivated candidate who loves to work with innovators, industry experts and media to share stories and make headlines.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills. You’ll need to be comfortable interacting with senior management and high-profile clients
- Good track record of solid client management and leadership. You can confidently act as strategic counsel to guide and coach both your clients and your colleagues in good decision-making
- Media relations success. You have multiple connections in media, in-depth knowledge of the media ecosystem and extensive experience to know how to connect to craft and sell in pitches
- Superior project management. Tracking budgets, tasks and deliverables is second-nature to you
- Dynamic self-starter. Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects simultaneously while effectively prioritizing and hitting your deadlines
- New business development success. You can spot and sell in new business opportunities that fit the agency’s portfolio
- In the know. Understanding and awareness of the technology landscape and government relations which affect it, provincially, nationally and internationally
- PR rock star with can-do attitude. High energy, enthusiasm, sense of humour and a passion for all-things technology
- This position is open in Toronto or Vancouver
Call us idealists, but we’re here to create positive change in our communities and the world. That’s why we choose to work with innovators and change-makers—organizations that are on a mission to disrupt the status quo, to challenge and change the way we do everyday things. To make life better. Our clients’ unwillingness to stop pushing for better is what energizes us, day in and day out. And energetic we are—no matter how big the challenge, how heavy the load, we get it done.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates, please send your resume and cover letter to Leslie Hayden, Director at Switchboard at [email protected] with the Subject Line: Communications Consultant Position.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.