Switchboard Public Relations (Switchboard) is seeking a passionate Communications Assistant to join our growing team of specialists. This position will see the successful candidate working with and reporting to a senior consultant (primary point of contact and direct report). The candidate will be required to assume responsibility for a wide range of public relations and project management tasks, as well as administrative duties to support client files.
This is a fast paced role that will require a highly efficient, tactful individual with superior communications and organizational skills who can prioritize and help manage and support the agency. The candidate must be detail-oriented, proactive, and be able to work independently while managing confidential information.
This position will also assist in the daily management of accounts for a wide variety of technology and tech-enabled companies and non-profit organizations across the country, fostering strong relationships built on trust with clients and internal teams. The candidate will provide consistent high-level client relations to raise organizational profiles, increase attendance for client events, and achieve client goals by providing efficient, strategic communications services.
This is a full-time salaried position. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
- Oversee all stages of project planning and execution, on behalf of, and alongside, the Senior Consultant to ensure the highest level of quality is always met
- Represent Switchboard in a professional and confident manner in both written and verbal communications, internally and externally
- Prepare and/or coordinate proposals, presentations, client correspondence and reporting
- Develop, implement, and oversee multiple high-level media relations strategies for Switchboard clientele
- Identify various story leads within each campaign and craft accompanying pitches for individual journalists
- Write communications copy, including press releases, conference descriptions, and correspondence
- Secure interviews, reviews, and coverage for clients across a wide variety of outlets
- Build strong relationships with internal and external clients, and provide strategic guidance and direction
- Establish innovative cross-promotions and partnerships with local businesses and the technology community to connect clients with audiences in unique, unexpected ways
- Utilize a variety of social media and online tools to amplify the reach of client coverage
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze issues and innovatively solve complex problems independently
- Provide leadership support to Switchboard team members, as assigned (independent contractor/subject matter experts and third-party vendors)
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Switchboard team
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively coordinate and use company resources
- Minimum of one to three years of recent experience working in a marketing and/or communications role or related environment
- Business acumen achieved through previous experience in a fast-paced, professional communications services environment
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, arts management, or a related field of study (English Literature, Political Science etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills and solid project management experience
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity and comfort with software and online tools, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, YouTube, Photoshop, Google Suite, Office365 InDesign is an asset for this role
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player
- Passion and experience with the technology sector is highly valued
- Access to a vehicle is an asset
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. All applications will be kept in confidence.
$40,000 – $57,000/annually based on experience
Benefits after three month probation period
Hybrid work environment based out of our East Vancouver office